Popular Post

The 'Silence' Of Easter'



I feel so lucky to live in a town that shuts down on holidays. Today, Good Friday like Easter Sunday, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving and other holidays my town is quiet. Nothing is open but the drug store and maybe a gas station. Schools are closed, banks are closed and most importantly the stores are closed. Now it means that everything from malls to liquor stores were nuts yesterday (you would have thought they were closing for a month, not a day) but it was worth it.

The streets are quiet except for the odd person out for a walk. Seems to me we used to have a day like this once a week, Sundays. Now, many are lucky to get a day like this once a year. I still get half a dozen or so and enjoy each and every second of them.

I have Easter plans the next day or so and won't be posting tomorrow. Will be back posting Sunday. I wish you all some 'Silence' this weekend, the silence I am so enjoying today. Whether you celebrate the spiritual side of Easter (which I do) or the bunny and egg part of Easter (which I also do) or even if you don't celebrate at all Enjoy your weekend!