Popular Post

Kyle Clare in Watercolors



Thanks to my friend Braxnis I watched 'Watercolors' last week. 'Watercolors' is a small film written and directed by David Oliveras. It was released in 2008 with the tag line 'Only art can turn something painful into something beautiful'. The film features actors Kyle Clare, Tye Olsen and Gregory Louganis in a small role as the swim coach. 'Watercolors' was a hit at film festivals and won many awards during the 2008 season.



'Watercolors' explores the relationship between shy artist Danny (Olsen) and swimmer Carter (Clare). Olsen and Clare are featured in almost every scene with a small but effective supporting cast. I especially loved Casey Kramer as Danny's mother. The film is beautifully scored and I love the use of the piano in many scenes. Although I was not happy with how Carter's storyline wraps up, the final scene with Danny was beautiful. I really loved 'Watercolors', especially the breakout performance of Kyle Clare. His Carter was sexy, dangerous and heartbreaking. If you have not seen 'Watercolors' I would highly recommend it.