Popular Post

Allan Kayser in 'Mama's Family'



I don't remember watching 'Mama's Family' when it originally aired. I do however fondly remember, a summer or two when I was a kid watching it on NBC when it reran in the mornings. I recently spent some time watching the original 'Family' skits from The Carol Burnett Show. 'Mama's Family' had an entirely different tone which I guess was needed for the show to be attractive to a mainstream audience. Not sure if the darker tone set on TCBS would have done well as a sit-com.



Thanks to xyzpdq from Scenes of Male Skin I was able to get some caps, including the shows trip to Hawaii episode. (Seems almost every sit-com family takes that same trip). As Allan's fans know, besides being super talented and funny, Mr Kayser is also well known for how he filled out his very tight jeans. He was also a big reason so many tuned in each week.