Popular Post

Josh Canfield by Boxer Imaging



On my hunt for the perfect 'pic of the day' yesterday I stumped upon the beautiful shot above of model Josh Canfield. I knew instantly I had to find out more about the model and the photographer:

The Photographer: Boxer Imaging

Don from Boxer Imaging likes the natural look. He prefers that his images focus on the model, so asst’d backdrops and location shoots really are not his thing. Don says that 'Lighting, for me – is key to the image and I enjoy experimenting with different forms of it in my work.'

Boxer's journey to photographing the male form came about in an unconventional way. Lets just say it began with his love of parrots. It is an interesting story I encourage you check out on one of my favorite sites, Beautiful who profiled Don in January of this year.



Don, who lives and works in Phoenix, Arizona has been photographing the male form for over 8 years now. Don says his style changes depending on the model he is working with. He goes on to say; 'One thing never seems to change, though. I still get excited to see the shots that I’ve captured where it counts for a digital photographer. On the screen.'

Don is popular with the models he works with by creating a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere for shooting. The natural way in which he works has led to models coming back for repeat shoots. I will certainly be bringing you Don's work in the furture! Be sure to spend some time checking out his portfolio at Boxer Imaging found HERE:



The Model: Josh Canfield

Don says Josh was great to photograph, 'Smart, funny and relaxed.' When I asked Don about Josh he told me Josh was one of the earlier guys he shot and was thinking of getting in touch with him for another shoot. Easy to see why! Josh, who hails from Oregon, has an incredible face with such beautiful blue eyes. Josh says he likes to have fun while working and it is obvious with these shots that he is comfortable in front of the camera. Beautiful work!



Josh Canfield
Stats:

Height: 6' 0"
Weight: 155 lbs
Shoe: 11
Hair color: Blonde
Hair length: Medium
Eye color: Blue
Experience: Some Experience